When we think of running injuries, we often first think of the ankles, shins, knees and hips.
The feet yet, are also an important part of this kinetic chain that allows us to run.
Our feet help propel us forward and provide stability when we plant on the ground. In this podcast episode, I talk to Matt Ferguson.
Matt is the Co-Founder and CEO of Progressive Health Innovations in Vancouver, BC.
Want to be a better runner? Struggled with running injuries like ankle sprains, plantar fasciitis, shin splints and achilles tendonitis?
Listening to this podcast episode with help you with both.
Some topics we chat about include:
- What exactly does having strong feet mean?
- Common running injuries that stem from issues with the feet.
- How running will improve running performance.
- The best exercises to boost your foot strength and mobility.
- Find out Matt's thoughts on the dying minimalist running shoe moment.
- Are podiatrists too quick to put people into orthotics?
- And much more!
Links and resources mentioned in this podcast:
AFX - AFX is a strengthening system that enables you to strengthen the muscles and tendons of the entire foot and ankle complex.
@AFXonline - follow Matt (and AFX) on Twitter.
AFX on Facebook
AFX on YouTube
Matt's previous interview on Healthynomics - AFX Ankle Foot Maximizer: A Tool to Strengthen Weak Feet and Ankles
Listen on iTunes or Overcast
You can listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here.You can also listen to the podcast on Overcast.
Question? Leave a comment below!